Friday, March 4, 2011

Soon To Be a Grape Arbor ........


This is the beginning of a small grape arbor for my backyard. I put  4 ft landscape timbers in the ground and they are about 8 ft apart . I still have to buy timbers to be put across top the other ones next month.  I bought 2 of the red seedless.suffolk grapes at Home Depot last week . The plants are trying to grow like crazy in the house ............I can put them out quite yet as we still have alot of cold weather that could happen. Hoping they can do ok in the house for couple more weeks .

3 comments:

  1. Wow - are you going to make wine this year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont drink actually :) I love to eat grapes though. Will probaly be next fall before i have any grapes. They grow on the old wood evidently . SO thye are jsut getting started this summer for me . They shoule be great once established. 2 plants will cover that whole area

    ReplyDelete
  3. My inlaws had them all along the chain-link fence they had. Just growing wild. Good luck! Also you can make stuffed grape leaves.

    ReplyDelete