Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thatcher brightens my day ..........

Thatcher came to keep me company a couple of nights.....  
I so enjoy when he visits .. He sleeps tucked under the cover next to me and his body heat warms my muscles  
I had tucked him into his PJs and snapped this pic of him  before  we had a bedtime cookie and a story . I tell him a story and he  is so cute. He lays his head across my tummy and listens to my every word....
He works as my service dog while he is here . He  brings me items i drop and need and walks quietly against my left side to support me ..He is a very special dog and belongs to a very special friend. :)
I have been looking for a German Shepard to train as a service dog for me...........So far the ones i have seen at the humane society have been too old and needing help of their own and very neurotic and unsafe around other animals or kids ..  I am thinking i am going to have to start looking for a younger one ...maybe 4 or 5 months old... It will be more of a challenge for me if i do physically ... but that will be ok too
Wanting a purebred Shepard on a limited budget is a bit of a problem. But i have faith in the Goddess and know I will find one when the time is right ....

3 comments:

  1. Greetings sweet friend, so happy to see that you find comfort in that blessed dog Thatcher. All living things are part of of our family ... our modern world has lost so much and we must get back to our Mother Earth somehow, someway. I can't believe that there isn't some organization that helps folk like you who need service dogs ... perhaps you could start with the society that helps out blind folks and they could steer you in the right direction. But I do believe that you most probably don't need a purebred, just a dog that is trained to be a service dog. My daughter will be checking for a family friend for her little girl to somehow get some help to get her a hearing aid. Our state sucks and doesn't help those in need at all. What happened to these folks ??????
    Anyway, hang in there and take one day at a time ... and yes, SHE, is watching and guiding and protecting ... but sometimes it doesn't feel that way huh.

    Love and Light,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you applied to the companies that provide service dogs? If they can't get you a dog, they may be able to help you find one outside of what they do.

    I love when he visits you too, you get the cutest pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for everyones advice :)
    I grew up with shepards and have had several in my life since... so I am looking for another that i will train as a service dog...
    I am sure i could get any kind of service dog.....but that isnt what I am after actually . I am sure i will find what i want eventually :)thanks !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete