Sunday, December 6, 2009

LOVE my lye soap for everything !!




I spent yesterday running around town trying to get lye for my soap...first off. NO ONE believes you make soap with it...they think you are just a well dressed drug dealer. When you try to educate them on how lye is in soap..they just say.. oh no .. "glycerine is what is in MY soap "....GRR!!! people.. glycerine is a by product of it all.. OH WELL . I have my lye... I can make soap now . I took the solid green and the light purple bars i hade made few weeks ago.. I cut them in smaller pieces and added to the lye when i poured it in the mold. That gives me the confetti soap ( thanks bonne for the idea) . I set my mold in a warm oven (preheated to 170 degrees and then turned OFF ) and let it set up overnight . It sets up quick and the bar is very hard.Ready to use after a few days of setting so it can completely dry out. I used mulberry scent in the purple and green soap....a sandalwood in the green confetti soap . I sell and trade some of my soaps ..some i use for gifts..then others i keep JUST for me ! Bonne started me on the path to using only handcrafted lye soaps...... i used hers for several years and then she talked me into making my own. I wont go back to store bought soap again. The shea butters and other oils in my soap..along with the herbs i add... my skin thinks it is in seventh heaven .It has never been softer . I even save the ends and pieces from a leftover bar...cut in small pieces..add to a spray bottle of water..once it sits day ot two to get all mushy .. i use it to clean the whole house. I dont use shampoo anymore either. The handmade soap is great for my hair. It has never been stronger or shinier .

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa,

    Your soaps are so pretty..yes, it is funny how so many don't realize how soap is made...they just buy it off the shelf and that's the end of that! hehe

    Do drop by for a moment...I've got my Christmas trees decorated and plus I've got a few pictures of the snow that fell yesterday!

    Hugs,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete