Sunday, December 13, 2009

Making Bath Salts early

I use an old roasting pan to mix mine all in. The 2 main things to remember is to not use any utensils that are still damp with water and mix well . Also to use fragrance OIL... water based will not work with these and will melt the salts.. I use a 3--2--1 ratio ..3 cups epsom salts..... 2 cups sea salt....1 cup baking soda . I like this mixture the best. There are many bath salt recipes online so take time and browse them and see what you like the best. For fragrance i use 2 oz per batch.But i like a heavy scented fragrance in my salts. I add a tiny bit of oxide to color my salts. It only takes a few sprinkles of it. It also helps me to see to mix the fragrance oil in well . You can store in jars ..or plastic baggies..... Some of these will be xmas gifts this year .






I spent yesterday scrubbing cabinets inside and out..then started on the living room hardwood floors to get the old wax off and new on....ssssoooo I didnt get to make any soap yesterday or probaly today. Still have to finish the last of cabinets and part of living room floor today before i do anything else.... oh well.Tis the season to scrub and clean :) BUT.... I jumped out of bed this morning and had cuppa chai tea about 5 am so could make my bath salts up for presents. Bath salts are one of the easiest things to make. I use mine actually for a foot soak.. Now all that is left to do is wrap them up all pretty and make cute tags for them .... I scented the lavender salts a "sun kissed rasberry" and the blue ones are "blueberry".








Now to have breakfast and get to scrubbing the floor....... If i get everything all done i will be able to make soap tomorrow. Tuesday the bathroom floor is being replaced so this is my last chance to make soap for few days


No comments:

Post a Comment