Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Infusing Rose and Spearmint Oils ..







I usually infuse my herbs in olive oil and let set for several weeks but I wanted to try this method using lard and the crockpot.Lard being what i had on hand and alot cheaper than olive oil. I will be using in my HP soap later on. So i harvested a batch of spearmint the neighbor had growing in her yard and some of my rose petals. I filled the crockpot with it all and then added 2 cups of lard . I plan to let this infuse on "warm" setting for several days . Alot of people infuse thier herbs only for 4 or 6 hours by crockpot but i want to be sure to get a strong infused oil. I want to try to root a few o fthe spearment plants in a pot for my herb garden later on. These may be too big to get to root . But i plan on trying :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I lived closer to just be able to smell this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I froze it all after i infused it. PLanning to use this winter in soaps..has a great smell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, that in a hot shower when it's cold out - you can totally sell that.

    ReplyDelete