Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simple Ways i Use to Add Color and Textures to My CP soap

I had a fun afternoon of making soap Saturday. I had planned to       do alot of yardwork and paint the cabinets also...but that didnt happen :). I did get 9 pounds of soap made at least. First i dug out the bag of soap bars that folks had given me at one time or another  . I dont like the soap you buy at the store.......But i do save it to break up and add colors to my CP lye soap. Trick to that is to stir in in after you pour your batch . If you just lay it down in the pan first it is kinda grainy on bottom of the bars, Plus if you stir it in.makes wonderful color blocks  all thru the bars. I put the bars in a baggie and take my hammer and tap them few times and it breaks up in seconds... Then next i take my **fancy** molds..aka. metal cookie tins and line with parchment paper . I actually do have 1 wooden soap mold that i use on occasion but i prefer the cookie tins actually . Whichever mold one uses BE SURE to line with parchment paper BEFORE you start making your CP soap batch . I love to use dried flower petals for color on top my soap also . I used blue mala flowers and sunflower petals and rose petals and orange lily petals . All had been dried before use





4 comments:

  1. Mm, I bet this feels great on the skin and the nose loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend of mine BOnne got me hooked on her handmade soaps ..i dont use anything but now :) These are actually non scented though. I have several friends who are allergic to scent so i make couple batches up every year unscented. The next ones i want to do will def have scent .

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is still your sandalwood. That stuff was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need to get some more cp scents. THey have raised them so much that it can cost 6 or 8 bucks to scent a batch now if i buy the Cp fragrances

    ReplyDelete