Saturday, November 27, 2010

Projects for after the holidays



I got latch hook canvas .......enough to make 3 sturdy rag hooked rugs with........I cut it so I would have 2 to go under my ironwork chairs that i love so much .. they will just fit under the chairs. Then a longer piece for a rug for my bedroom floor . I decided to have 3 of them going at one time. That way as i cut my tub of small scrap up...... I can go ahead and use it  in the designs. I havent decided      if I am doing stripes or colors just blending into different shade...or actually drawing a design on the canvas .. I have so many ideas running thru my head for rag rugs made this way. I probaly am going to buy more canvas so i can have 5 or 6 going at one time. I have all hardwood floors and this is an affordable way for me to have cool rugs for the house. Fabric scrap will cost nothing as I have a huge plastic storage tub of scraps that are maybe 6 or 8 in square  and perfect for this project. I will use a strip 1 inch by 6 inches to hook with ................. This will more than likely be an AFTER the holidays project though... Still have xmas gifts to make over next few weeks

1 comment:

  1. Like the hook rug kits you can buy in the store that use yarn? Is that what I've been missing? I've done those kits before.

    ReplyDelete