Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tis That Time Of The Year Again ...... Quilt Time

Cold weather is here so it is time to work on quilts . So i packed away the beading stuff for a couple of weeks so I can work on  a T-shirt quilt I am doing for a friend.I had never made one with t-shirts before so it required a bit of reading.....  secret is to use the ironable craft fusing and create a back for the   t-shirt piece ........then I am going to be bit different and add edge binding around all the shirt pieces.. .then handstitch to top of the actual quilt. This will create a very strong and durable item.. Tonight i just worked on cutting all the strips that I will turn into edge binding ..I got 6 yds of a white cotton to start with.. This will be an interesting project .....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I was thinking about something like this for Chris. He has shirts he likes but he won't WEAR anything but his plain Land's End shirts. A quilt would be a great way to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a t-shirt quilt for a customer too. I have got to get to finishing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first one and it is taking me a bit to get it done.. hopefully today I can get more of the tshirt pieces done.......

    ReplyDelete