Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I miss my garden .......


Today was beautiful so i spent several hours cleaning up the garden areas.I SO miss my garden .....not only cause it was green and pretty but i miss just going out in the backyard and picking what i was going to cook for the day.
The food had such a better taste than what the grocery carries. I dont shop the farmers market cause to be frank .......the prices they charge are WAY beyond what i can afford.The garden has been dried since middle of August . The heat and drought situation killed it off month and half before it should have .  I did water at first but it just did no good and plants still died. I lost about 200 strawberry plants from july to august. Next Spring I will  have to replant. The patti pan squash and the corn did really well up to July .... will plant more of them next spring also.......

3 comments:

  1. You put lots of hard work into that garden.. and I get YUMMY leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the energy was much nicer in the yard when i was done..much more restful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your garden too. Beautiful pictures and I've never seen a patti pan squash.

    ReplyDelete