Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wonder if can can skip winter and go straight to Spring ???????




I spent little more time this weekend on fixing the garden area . This is what it looked like first ...."HERE " then i went back and used some landscape timbers and made smaller areas in the cleared garden areas. I normally dont use them cause they draw tons of snails and sow bugs  but i plan to use the Diatomaceous Earth around the plants and timbers this next spring . Plus i want to get my plants out early as first of april if possible. Having the small areas let me use sheets of plastic to cover my plants. I have steel fence posts to put at each corner to affix the plastic to ...I can also cover this steel frame with plastic and make like a small greenhouse. It will be interesting to try these for sure.  Bonne is sending me some Hopi Pumpkin seeds for next year and then i bought some pink banana squash seeds this morning over on Etsy to try out next year too........NEXT YEAR !.......SSSSSiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!  Such a long time till i can garden again. My Fall garden dried up cause of all the heat and lack of water we have had . I still have the one pot of carrots out trying to grow ..

2 comments:

  1. You have a lovely garden, it looks so organized, even with nothing in it. Can't wait to watch your garden grow next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish my garden were so organized. I like the picket fence idea; will incorporate that into next years garden!

    ReplyDelete